google-site-verification: google3c2efc18c0d56d34.html Fast Foods And Health: Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram Recipe

Specially designed for fast foods and health care, beauty tips for women and men, kitchen tips, essential for health, routine of life with foods,

Sample text

Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram Recipe

I thought I had posted this recipe yesterday but looks like I was dreaming while working - again! Anyway, here it is, my quick fix masala paniyaram recipe that gets made each time I have leftover dosa maavu. Originally part of the Chettinad Cuisine, its quick to prepare, easy and a very nice snack for evening tiffin. I love Chettinad recipes! Their love for food shows in their recipes, I feel.



You will need a paniyaram chatti/aebleskiver pan to make this, unfortunately, so if you don't have one yet, please do something to fix the situation ASAP.


Masala Kuzhi Paniyaram Recipe
Preparation time: 15 mins

What I Used:

Dosa/idli batter - 3 cups
Onion - 1, minced
Green chillies - 2, sliced round
Halved urad dal/split black gram/ulutham paruppu/uzhunnu parippu - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 pinch (I add it for the colour)
Hing/asafoetida/kaayam - a generous pinch
Greated coconut - 1 tbsp (optional)
Curry leaves - a few, torn into small pieces (optional)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp

How I Made It:

1. Mix all ingredients except oil into the dosa batter.

2. Heat the paniyaram chatti and add 3-4 drops oil into each hole. Once it heats, add spoonfuls of batter into each hole until its more than 3/4th full. Let it cook until the bottom is browned and crisp.

3. Turn over and cook the other side. Make sure that the stove is at medium-low so that the inside also gets cooked without burning the outside.

4. Once both sides are brown and crisp, drain on a kitchen napkin.


Serve hot with chutney and hot tea/coffee

Leave a Reply

Pages